Competition

2013-2014 Season Schedule

  • 9/7  Specialty Contest “Throw Down North of Town” sponsored by ASF-NC Chapter- Results Coming  Soon
  • Contest #2:  11/2 or 11/3   Results  Coming  Soon
  • Contest #3:  5/3 or 5/4  POSTPONED
Entry form: ASF13-14NCEntryForm
  • Contest #4:  6/7 or 6/8
  • Contest #5:  6/28 or 6/29
  • Contest #6:  7/19 or 7/20

2012-2013 Season Results:

2011-2012 Season Results: 

                                                                                                                                        

Please read Contest Policy. All dates and Locations are subject to change. All Events will be held on the Outer Banks. Please check website for any and all updates.

Understanding the Global Point System

How do Global Points work

Global points are a ranking of all ASF members in a given division, based upon their top 5 results throughout the competition season.

How do I get to the US Championship

Slots to the US Championships for non-SA Prime Divisions will be determined by totaling the best 5 regular season  event scores (Global Points) at the time slots are made available plus the previous seasons ASF Championship results as long as the surfer is eligible to compete in the same division.  The ASF Champion will receive the top slot if eligible.  Surfing America Prime Divisions:  Top surfers in these divisions will be invited to surf the Surfing America Prime series to qualify for the Surfing America USA Championships and USA Surf Team. Top positions will be determined by totaling the best 5 regular season event scores (Global Points) plus the previous seasons ASF Championship results as long as the surfer is eligible to compete in the same division.  The ASF Champion will receive the top slot if eligible.

How do I get to the ASF Championships

ASF Championships slots will be assigned as follows:   25% of the slots in each division will be based on the top 5 global  point totals and these surfers will receive the top seeds. The remaining 75% of the slots for each division will be distributed to the top finishers in each individual chapter.